Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 10, 2006

On being part-of-the-whole

As I started my day checking my mails...a mail from one brought smiles on my face.The one I m talking about is a friend from college and whatz between us I cannot categorize.It brings smiles on my face.There is the other kind you can count on at every odd time of life.But this one is different ...I know I cannot count on ...just not too much.Neither can I doubt , I m never meant a harm.I m wished the best of life.When I m happy I can expect smiles and when I m sad , sympathies.I can trust with my heart.That is that.

We are a bunch from college ... almost like-minded.In an awkwardly comfortable way, we have defined whatz between us.There is liking and comfort but none too much.Strangely, when space and time set us apart there is a tint of grey that sets in my days.Even in the many meaningless reasons we meet out for a treat , in the point-less ramblings ,the arguments-for-arguments-sake ,plain chatter , silly tiffs, trippings there seems to be a comfort.May be it is being part-of -the -whole, being a bunch, a sense of belonging that knits us together.Many times we think of taking this further...from a bunch to being a team...moving towards some place we can call our common destiny.But the thought remains a thought.

What we ve made until here and now , I dont know what we ve put in.I dont know what we take out.One thing I know is that, that which is there lets us walk our own way and is meant to stay.

6 comments:

expertdabbler said...

adoor gopalakrishnan art film madhiri irukku..
(i swear i actually saw one film whose name i dont remember)

purincha madhriyum irukku. puriyadha madhiriyum irukku..

dinesh said...

I know what exactly what you're talking about..It's a special comfort that. "I don't need to see you everyday, I don't need to talk to you everyday. No constant need to be in touch. But with all that said, when I do talk to you, I am glad you're there and the security that you will be there whenever I need you"

Risha said...

@PK
hmm...yaenakkum appadithaaan :-)
Sometimes thingz are confusingly clear and other times clearly confusing : -))

@dinesh
Thanks for dropping by.
Guess we are sounding like two people who ve tasted sugar trying to describe the experience to each other.
But even without words,just the experience connects.
Glad we have great friends :-)

Anonymous said...

[taking a deep breathe]
confusingly clear and clearly confusing...

nullity said...

able to understand something....and unable for otherthing...but still when the feelings are expressed down from the heart, its very hard to find words and type them. as u all said rightly, its confusingly clear. and as risha said its like tasting sugar...KUP (keep it up)

Risha said...

@nullity
Thank you :-)