Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 01, 2006

On words

I wanted to write this down for a real long time...about words.Not about the ones that we let go.But about the ones that we drown in our hearts.Nothing can injure a relationship or derail life than unspoken words.

It does not happen in a day.Like viruses nibbling on the system's resources...silently , stealthily , day after day, they drink out the juices of life and leave the relationship porous and withering.

No...I m not talking about the over-hyped one-on-one talks that all those relationship-guides kick and scream about.I m talking about simple statements like "What took you so long to call? " , "I m scared", "I need help" , "I thought you would come", "I dint like what you did".

Speak out when you should.

Believe me ...for want of a question , a relationship was lost , a life got derailed.There would be lots more out there.

We are raised with the thought that being expressive is a sign of weakness and vulnerability.More so for guys."Be a man"...what a phrase?!In my terms,nothing is more unmanly to lock thoughts and emotions up .A blank straight face ,what a shame!The very many souls who dont profess their love are but left with a bruised heart and scribblings that they call poems.I know the world is infested with so many of them.This post is for them.

And then there are the others who are eternal sacrifiers...that is how they call themselves.They talk about how they bear the brunt by putting up with a strained relationship,how good they are to the other and how much they are hurt because of that.They are the most disastrous of all.They are neither good to themselves or the other.

Oft we think someway and spell out another, not in deception but many a times with a good intention of not hurting the person across.But then, that is when you are really far far away from the truth.The more you put away a thought , the more fiercely it haunts your days.Someday , some way it will find itz way out.

The best way to be good to someone is to tell them honestly what you feel.

If you can think something...you can speak it.

This is what I ask of you :
Be honest.First ,with yourself and then with the ones whom you dont want to hurt.Respect the fact that you have but one life to live and you deserve to be happy ...as much as the other does.

I ask of me the self-same.

6 comments:

expertdabbler said...

Definitely one of yr best posts!!
i can't agree more:)

monu said...

very sweet..
honesty works, it always does!!!

dinesh said...

Good insightful post this ! Have done some thinking about this in the past too. Saying what they feel comes easier to some more than others. It is not always very easy to practice it. Some things I have not said have come back to haunt me. So I can relate to this post well. Nice thoughts..

"Believe me ...for want of a question , a relationship was lost , a life got derailed.There would be lots more out there."

Well said !

Risha said...

@karthik
Kovam illa...just some thing I had on my mind for quite some time.

@PK
:-)

@monu
Thatz affirmative.
Thanks!

@dinesh
Thank you.
Therez no better teacher than experience.I had my own share of learning too ...

Loga said...

i donno i always been reluctant in saying my opinions in fear of not being harsh to them...sometimes i think i m not right, trying to change ...its a nice post for me :)

Risha said...

@loga
I m so much with you :-)
We still have learning to do.