Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

'The tragedy of Macbeth ' - A joy unto me

"Here's the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand. Oh, oh, oh!"
-Lady Macbeth

I had wanted to put down this quote for a real long time.There is something intriguing about it that brings it back to my mind quite often.May be it is to do with the depth of the character, Lady Macbeth , the way the tragedy has been plotted or the narration of Macbeth by my english teacher ...we saw the characters come alive.

In our 10th class, we had the 'Macbeth' play as written by Shakespeare.It was part of our curriculum and we were required memorize the verses.English classes were fun..we played Macbeth, Duncan, Banquo et al!I still enjoy recollecting some parts of that.

There is this strange beauty in Lady Macbeth , that makes me like her despite her evil intentions.She is so full of love;she is ambitious.She is gentle at heart but dares to take a life.She wins over her dream ; but reality fails her.The love and desperateness that drive her to her success are the self same that sink her.
She fights a lonely battle with herself, within herself and makes her worthy of my sympathies.A beautiful characterization ... one of my favourite.

And a greater joy was to reminisce the classes with like-minded-friends.Nimmi ,a very special friend of mine who fills my days with great 'enthu', knows the entire play of 'Romeo and Juliet'(as written by Shakepeare)by-heart!

Talking about those days brings smiles onto my face.

Memories remain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh! well written!!! btw, whats the occasion?

Risha said...

@anonymous
I call the occassion ...life :-)

Sachin R K said...

"Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather
the multitudinous seas incarnadine,
making the green one red."

Studied Julius Caesar in 10th and Macbeth in 12th. Loved JC more. Much more quotable. Your post brought back some fond memories.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Really loved your sait. Well done.

http://tinylink.com/?bXNbCNl5gw
car company insurance online quote