Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A smile and a tear

Therez this strange thing about relationships...the ones that go to be a memory , belonging to the past.Each one of them leaves behind moments to cherish or lessons for life.

No relationship really ends...a part of it we carry with us every day and onward,whether it is a familiar phrase instilled in us , a poem shared, a tiff over a bite of chocolate, the name-calling, that silly secret.I believe that this is the way it works.Else we would all be as open as when we started out and as unexposed to goodness or pain.

No, I dont say that with every awry relationship we shrink.It is just that we become a little more prudent about letting people or relationships influence us to the hitch.

I know getting hurt is inevitable, but to hang on to the pain or not is about personal choice.It is simply that I tell myself to give my best to the thing that is in front of me and then, when it is dusk, be happy for the day which gave me the mirth to bask in.A tough one I try to teach myself...but worth it.Life is more complete.

Sure life is beautiful...what else can give me a smile and a tear at the self-same spell of time :-)

6 comments:

Sachin R K said...

"Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all."
Lord Tennyson

Unknown said...

so true! n there are times even though memories hurt u still keep going back to them!!

guess dats the cherry that life has to offer with every cake that comes by!! well written :)

Risha said...

@sachin
Very true :-)

@kitty
Life wud nt be as much fun without memories :-)

@billu
Thanx.

Anonymous said...

hmm..

Too deep is not too healthy at most times..prevention is more prudent..

Risha said...

@naanenaana
hmm...but sometimes to prevent we need to get :-)
I m referrring to the immunization.

reetuashwin said...

Made a Good read,Risha

--
Sudha


I am waiting for a new updated post of urs :)