Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Wings and Whacks - Bonjour Paris, je suis venu ...

French has always been a fascination to me...the language ( with the little I picked up schooling thru college) and the people , for their relaxed way of life and sensuous taste( as much as I ve read of them).

The trip from Delhi to Paris was one worthy of my detest.My self-talk helped me survive.My seat ...I was sandwiched between two french ladies , one of them I was getting higher than we were flying... drowned herself in drinks.The one time she was not drinking she managed to eat the sandwich with the wrapper on and got the yogurt spilt all-over.The best I could do was shut my eyes tight and sleep...

The lady on the other side dint wake up except to eat and I liked her better.She smiled.And when I tried to strike a conversation I knew the French I learnt aint any good . So , I chose to smile back again and that ended the conversation that never happened.

'Expansive'- the word just would not suffice to describe Charles de Gaulle airport. Our flight scheduled at 1.00 was delayed by an hour and we got to spend an hour at terminal E of CDG playing games ( learning ABCD :-) ) The other football game that was there ..I dint get a hang of it.And another game spoke lotsa French than I can take.

The slight thought of getting a bit to munch waned out as we saw them priced in Euros.We decided to stick to the in-flight food.

We alighted the flight to Atlanta and Randy who was sitting next to me was too kool that he offered me his window seat :-)The view of the day sky was simply awesome as we flew over the fleecy, cotton-candy clouds, especially where the clouds peak up life snowy moutains.The experience was very humbling...the thought about the big guy who keeps churning the cotton-candy out.

Randy was much surprised to know that I had nt touched meat anytime in my life and had picked up strange ideas on Hinduism ...that shaving the head and wearing a sheet was Hinduism.The little he knew of Hinduism and India , the more he spoke on , which I chose to ignore.When people donot know something, you can tell them.But when they think they know and that only what they know is right , then I hold my silence.

Through the entire 9 hour flight I kept myself occupied ...reading, drinking the skies , watching a movie ('Marie Antoinette') , updating my journal , reading a book ('How to speak Minnesotan') and filling myself with the food.

Around late in the noon our flight landed in Atlanta , U.S.A.

Well , this post is getting way loo long ..so here I ll say 'Chao!'

Rest in next...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ur self talk survived you!!
it did the same to the two french ladies too!!!!
er....i just cant be nice to u, can i ?
i felt like i spoke to u after reading ur blog,that i cudnt simply resist the temptation to leave in a comment!bye tc

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. I haven't been to Paris since 2001, and now I really want to visit again.