Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 02, 2007

My Denver Days - III Aspen Mountains

Monday morning is such an odd time to be blogging!!But here I m doing just that thing...thanks to all the stuff we call dependency.God bless dependencies!!!

So , before I ve someone plays the peek-a-boo I ll quickly run you through the Aspen Mountains.Driving past Glenwood(known for itz hot-springs) took us to a pretty beautiful view of the Aspen, the snow-covered mass soaring into the sky is so much of a beautiful sight.

The hanging lake was were we waded thru the freezing water ...and my feet turned numb and my heart felt warm.Thanks to our tour guide Naatmai ...we got to see one of the less-known beautiful trails and a half done bridge.We enjoyed watching skiers as I had nt learnt skiing then :-p

The day we had been to Aspen was St.Patrick's day and there was quite a lot of merry-making and Irish fun happening in the town.Guess they had built the whole place up with just luxury and fun in mind.I spotted a lotof Harley-Davidsons and they got me pretty excited...the bikes and the bikers :-)

I tried Lasagne for dinner at a local eatery, which i dint like as much...too cheesy.
I liked the one Deepa had made a couple of weeks back.The walk down the streets of Aspen, after the dinner,with my bro was one thing I enjoyed the most.Everyone needs a brother :-)

I think I m getting pretty aweful in putting down stuff about the places I had been to.So, I m leaving you here with snaps which wud do the job better.

Aspen, here we come


Aspen ...standing tall




One ....two ....Skii


The bridge across...


P.S: Just when I thought I m done with this post ...I hit upon this thought ( during a conversation with a frend).

"With life , there are some searches , that even google does nt have answers for" :-p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Risha,

I happened to stumble into your blog hope you dont mind. I've not read all your posts, but I did liked the ones I read.........

You must be an amazing human being. Though you are surrounded by people and love and adventure and everytning, a vaccum seems to occupy your heart/soul!! I'm stranger, I know I cant comment on this durig my first comment to you, but you can take me for your friend if thats acceptable, hopefully the anonimity is kept.

Your posts on love tell me that you have been hurt like hell and you've seen heaven and angels at the same time. You've experienced both the extremes........

thinking of your name "Risha" I take it that you are a gifted woman!! Sorry if I'm wrong with the gender. I got to leave now, hopefully, will try to catch up with you sometimes later, u can mail me if you would want to djmaveric@gmail.com , until the see ya

Risha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Risha said...

@anonymous
I dont mind your barging in :)And thank you for your comment here.
As much as I know..I suffer no vacuum..my life is full of love and people.And so also I love the extremes.
If I ever run out of friends...then you ll be the one I ll turn to :)
Thanks for dropping by.See you around.