Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 14, 2007

Thought-farm - Seed 1

Itz more than a week now ...I ve been trying to sort things here at this blog.I am starting to feel I m over-doing that part and so here I start.

Remembering a lesson I was taught back in school ( as part of march-past ):

The two vital factors for any relationship - Love and Respect. Love is that factor that mellows the heart and makes it open up to both giving and receiving .And then 'respect' , that stands beyond all superfluous tones, is that which is reminds that the other person is as deserving as one is in the relationship , love inclusive. While love says, " You are my everything ...I ll do die for you", respect says , " You are important to me ... I ll be here around to make you happy".
Respect is more of a logical but mandatory factor.

It is not uncommon to see love being epitomised all over and hardly anyone speaks of 'respect'.The reason being as simple as, the heart is more vulnerable and convincible than the brain , and short-cuts never fail to allure!!

Love lets you take the first step forward, but respect is what keeps the journey going.

Love is beautiful , enchanting ...the holding-hands , the sharing , long drives , walks , sweet-nothings ...all of it.The feeling is way too over-powering to resist. And then there is aftermath ...tough times , mundane days , rough patches, when 'love' is the last thing on your mind.Respect is the rudder that drives the rough seas...to acknowledge that no-one is perfect , understanding that it is ok to falter , that everyone needs their own space, that wrong decisions lead to right ones , that it is ok to make mistakes and in sticking out for each other.

A check-list with these two factors can primarily help one judge where one is heading to...

Well , that is my first step forward on this series.Share your thoughts ... I would love to hear.

A quick glance on what all slipped-by while I was away from this space: Two birthday (one of it happens to be mine :-) ), my first-ever many things , a few tears and a couple of smiles.

6 comments:

confessions.......... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
confessions.......... said...

hey risha...gud one...it leaves a lot to be discussed as far as this topic is concerned...I believe..it is better to be trusted than be loved...hmm..trust comes from respect..and respect from faith...but in the case of luv..luv comes first..followed by commitment...and then comes trust...I wrote the first comment.only to find it full of spelling errors...so...this one is second..:)

reetuashwin said...

Belated happy Birthday Risha...
It slipped my mind., even i saw in orkut & thought to remember it thrice...

Hope u had a Nice day.

Risha said...

@Confessions
Woah ...that sure is a great way to think! I absolutely second you :-)

It does not hurt as much not to be loved than not to be trusted.

Risha said...

@ReetuAshwin

Hey thanks Reetu :)

Your pictures of Key-west were awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Good words.