Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 05, 2012

On people

I am not my strong, happy self...now.

Just as I am trying to pick my pieces together,I wanted to share this:

There are 2 ways to break a person..intentionally or otherwise:

1) Make life tough by direct expression and make their motive obvious to you.

2) Be with you , pamper you , splurge you with their service and soothing attitude, do everything for you and make you an invalid - like become your crutches, make you dependant and then withdraw.Then, you crumble and fall.

When you really love someone , give them wings or make winds if you can.If not , it is certainly possible to trust them , stand back , say a prayer and watch them soar. If they fumble ...dont get anxious...it is OK.They are only becoming stronger.Dont nestle them up...you could be draining their drive.

When you hold the spirit too close... you might actually crush it.

As for me , it is just a matter of time and thought. I will bounce back to my spirited self. Until then , notes of positivity will surely help :)

4 comments:

monu said...

hmm.. when i was around 13, i read this book called Success through Positive mental Attitude. I don't know if have achieved success, but most certainly have a positive mental attitude.

Whatever happens, i try to see a positive side to it. That way i do not worry about it for more than a day. If someone is rude to me, i give them a benefit of doubt, may be they had a rough day. I try not to hate. Well, then again , i have my low days, when i would rather just have a chocolate and get over it.

rambling aside,i do certainly believe that there is a positive side to everything. And if there is nothing, there is at least the learning and wisdom that comes from an experience.

:)

Still sad? Just start playing with children and you will be laughing along with them in no time. :)

and nothing takes away sadness more than sharing/talking. I am sure writing this would have already made you feel better. :)

Sri said...

வணக்கம்.

நீங்க சொன்ன ரெண்டு பாயிண்ட்ல-யும், ஒரு பக்கம் நீங்க சொன்ன விஷயங்கள், அதனூடே உங்கள் சுற்றம் வெளிப்பட்டாலும், அதன் மறு பக்கத்தில் நீங்கள் இருக்கிறீர்கள் என்பதை மறந்து விடாதீர்கள்.

"To break a person" - is an activity, that cannot be one sided. Only if a material carries the property to be broken , or is getting some kind of pleasure out of being broken, would it continue to remain in that state.

From the little of what I know of you, my take was - You would not care about these things. Maybe I am wrong, but having seen that bubbly free spirit in your writings and in person to a very very minimal extent, here is me wishing that those qualities are truly yours rather than a figment of your imagination.

Wishing you the best.

Sri.
P.S: Though I can write 50 paragraphs on such items, I go through the same emotions at different times. As stated in my previous comment, living is THE MOST important thing in life. All things that we do to achieve that - good or bad is eventually through someone's eyes.

Anonymous said...

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move towards perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path.

Risha said...

@monu
Thank you Monu...that is quite helpful a dose:)I am not quite out of there...but still...what you said helps.

@Sri
Probably I should carry a tag "Extremely fragile.Handle with care" :)But one thing is for sure...I dont certainly enjoy being broken.That said ...I ve to pick up my pieces , work up a plan and move on.
Thank you for your words :)

@Anonymous
Hmm...yeah ...sure :) Thank you!