Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

To the Nizam's own country and back

Homed yesterday at mid noon back from the land of the Nizams'.Hyderabad woz HOT...I mean literal,reaaaal hot and fuming.Nevertheless,the city woz a charm...medley of modernity and conservatism.The city wakes up lazy at close to noon and stretches out well into midnight.Charminar,sure is a charm.Got me absolutely spellbound...so full of colors and so full of life....the hustle and the bustle...fills the mind with all hues and wafts of spices and perfumes.Woz reminded of "In the bazaars of Hyderbad" by Sarojini Naidu.Oh ...and the dashing beauties clad in burhas...mind you they were really dashing.IMax woz simply awesome...the screen and the effects!!!Next time I go there I'm sure to try climbing the wall there.The MaxCorn...it woz my staple food,which I washed down with ice lemon tea.It woz early in the morning that I set my foot at the Birla Mandir....the place simple fills the being with overwhelming serenity.A marvel in marble.Hyderabad Central,Life Style,Cool Club were the few other places I managed to tread on my own...picking some odd trinkets.Tried some typical Andhra food....nay not the Hyderabadi Biriyani.With the city so hot,it woz a big no no for the spices.Some eateries that I would suggest are Malgudi,Baseera and breakfast buffet at Taj Tristar(especially on a sunday morn).So,thatz about my travel to Nizams' land.Just one more thing ...never ever think of making it to the Nizams' land during the summers.You might as well choose to get yourself onto a barbecue grill !!!

No comments: