Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Why I love spaces

Spaces...I ve always loved them.Be it the spaces as in the skies (back then, I was so much of a star-gazer),the spaces in my dwelling place ,the spaces between the words I type, the silence that lives flanking the musical notes or the spaces even in my relationships, for that matter.I love them for their very existence.And even more for the sense they make.Somehow I feel that spaces add more meaning and beauty , with their being so subtle yet so indispensable.

Speaking of my personal space...it has been my den,refuge, asylum ,haven.That is where I lick my wounds, heal them, reminisce good times, reflect or simply stare into the rough country I carry within.The place saves my sanity.

For me, a person is as rich as the people one has in his life.And as I see , my life has been bejeweled by very special people.Love simply grows with giving.The more thatz given ,therez always more to give.Thatz what I believe.

All that said, I still need my space, where even the soul thatz my skin will not have a say.

"Dont hold me too close for I would suffocate", says a would-be doctor.And my thoughts are so much with her.

And I somehow feel we are not alone and that there must be so many out there exalting space.And about those who think otherwise , I simply wonder how they can choke joyfully.

" You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.

You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.

Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.

But let there be spaces in your togetherness,

And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another but make not a bond of love:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.

Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,

Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.

For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together, yet not too near together:

For the pillars of the temple stand apart,

And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow."

- Khalil Gibran, The prophet.

3 comments:

Risha said...

@Fozy
:)

Anurag said...

isnt it so nice when u a have ur own personal space which no one intrudes into.......but then somehow that doesnt seem to happen.....
i beleive there are areas in ur life where even the closest people shld not try to venture...but some of those close people donot really understand that :o)

Risha said...

@anurag
May be they dont see a need to try and understand...as they see themselves as know all of us !!