Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

An other kind of ode ...

A quick note:
2 years ago I posted An ode to a friend...(You have to forgive me for the bad indentation ...there simply aint any :-)Lost them during shipment from LiveJournal to here).
Now I have done a follow up on the self-same :-)

Goodbye ...I ll save it for the end;
Where it began we painted the picture with a rosy blend.
The friend you were to me... I thought you deserved an ode,
and that thought I dont repent not this far down the road.
Just when everyday spake the tongue of rainbow hues,
there came the blacks and whites...giving the picture hazy blues.
Special moments drowned in the haunting silences,
we spoke of new terms...freedom,space and independence.
And then appeared the grey spaces and moss,
all that we built with our hands and hearts... went for a toss.
The sunny days are the ones with the past,
Our walks have waned and now not steadfast.
Our paces have started to vary,
when I slow down you scurry.
When I fasten my stead,
you fall back and let me take the lead.
Funny ...how different we think.
When I say there are too many strangers around us,
About making new friends is your buzz.
A smile I smile not to be seen,
looking at you reminds me what I could have been.
But if I were you and you and me were same,
then between us, there would not be as much fun and game.
The time has come for us to seek new avenues,
Now, we are at cross-roads..ahead, we have many rues.
Letz tread our ways in our own pace,
and shine a smile when we meet face-to-face.
So long... so good ..the laughters, good times, sharing and pains,
Letz tell ourselves "Well with life ...nothing remains".

5 comments:

RAMANEAN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

please write somethin dat i can understand :P! kidding gurl....
very well written.... but who is this lucky friend of ur's???

Unknown said...

very beautifully written :)

Anonymous said...

Yo,

Dont U check Ur emails ? Please do..

NaaneNaana.

Risha said...

@NaaneNaana
Sorry..my sify mail is full of spam ..that I m giving up on it.I m hanging by a thing thread there...