Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Denver Days - IV Pikes Peak

Well ...this is where the tint of adventure begins to surround the picture ;-)
Pikes Peak , 14,110 feet above sea level , is one of the tallest peaks of Colardo mountains.
The most exciting thing about the drive up the peak is the number of hair-pin bends adding to thr thrill are the
curvy roads without any bunds.One slip can take us tumbling and that was one thing that was freaking me all thru,
despite the thrill.

One major fun that we had is at the snow fields half-way up the ascent.
I got a little lucky in our snow war...not as much hurt.Well luck apart..I was running from my attackers like crazy!!!

Up the Pikes peak , we had hot chocolate.Well, hot chocolate had never been this good
...warming me up against the biting cold winds.

We did spot some mountain goats and the special thing about them is that their hoofs
keep them firm on snow and rocks.Lets not get too technical here :-)

As the screen lowers ...the drive down was as much fun..and now its snap-time :-)

The Drive up..


Ute Pass


View atop


Snow war victim ...well thatz me !!


Can you believe ...we were standing up at an altitude higher than the clouds!!


Mountain goats


A souvenir to keep...

2 comments:

Bilal said...

Oh Risha!

These photos are fantastic.. I have pasted them as my desktop wallpaper.

Once upon a time, I have accidently stopped at ur blog.. And still halted in this very same beautiful page.. with eyes wide open.. astonished.. moved by ur words and thoughts..

One day, when i discussed about ur blog with my girlfriend, She really got jealous of u. And when i said, i started liking Risha's english and subscribed the blog, her possessiveness drove her crazy.. she started to hate you.(I'm sorry, but i would like to share the conversation we had)..

My GF: I hate Risha.
Me: Arey! I like her words. Like Dan Brown's, Sydney's, Grisham's..
My GF: Why cann't you read male writer's and appriciate their work.. why Risha?
Me: please dont restrict me with only male writers.
My GF: are u that much crazy to read those blogs? cann't u be able to live without them?
Me: Nothing like that..I'm crazy about ur songs.. than Risha's words..I cann't live without hearing your sweetest voice..

Finally she was convinced.. :)


Your Fan,
Bilal

Risha said...

@nemo
Thanks Bilal..for dropping by.Do come back :)