Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Good ole times...

These days I m in a frenzy to leave office, get away from work.The moment I step out of my office premises..I feel life gushing so passionately unto me...donno if itz all in my mind or things actually are that way.Then I tell myself ..may be itz the overworking for the past few months thatz making me feel what I feel.
Off-late,I ve evolved this ritual of spending an hour or so with elders at home...chatting ...and today it so happened that aunty was talking about her own good times with her aunt and topics of good ol' times came up.As I was listening to her..I was just thinking how mechanized and energy-drained this generation has become.Was wondering if I would take care of someone with such love, compassion and patience ...
Then my own childhood reminiscence spurted out...the days of cycle-rides,kammarkaatu muttai, pulippu muttai, summers at the village...water snakes , diving from the bridge , the rivers, the scary centipedes ..the traditional maruthaaani(mehandi)...all cousins and the gala..the tractors running through the night,riding on it sitting on thatha's lap,dosas with fresh butter...
watching 'Oliyum Oliyum ' on Panchayat board TV, the chats which would stretch out until early morning,the rope-cots ...the yearning for summer holidays.
I really donno if the next generation would even get to have a tinge of the kind of fun I had during my child hood.With time everything is just moving towards modernity...far from simplicity.. day by day.
As I see myself..I belong to the priviledged lot who got to taste the traditional and technological flavours of life.
On my part , I m in the process of collecting recipes of traditional sweets and savouries , that I can share with the generations to come.
Then again I tell myself itz the tendency to resist change that I m expressing as my fondness to the past.What a complex specimen I ve become...to think on why I think the way I think?!!!
Just one more thing before I sign-off..ppl if you have recipes of traditional sweets , savouries or cuisine please do share it.
Until we meet...keep drinking life:-)

1 comment:

nullity said...

"I was just thinking how mechanized and energy-drained this generation has become" - i agree with u.

your concern for the next generation - but i feel the current and the next generation are quite enjoying their city life style. they would prefer to see the village life style in a DVD with Home theatre surround sound...

"I belong to the priviledged lot who got to taste the traditional and technological flavours of life." - thank God...me tooo

regarding recepies - if at all i would have seen this post before weekend, i would have posted few...

to think on why I think the way I think?!!!----excellent words....i can say only one thing........either you become a super genius/a greatest philosopher or a mad...