Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

And I learnt what is love...

Back when I was little, I was a pampered , loved child, with lotsa loving souls and great friends around.From there on I grew up into a bag of oddities...mostly a rebel.But one thing I ve never changed is about the whirl-pools of confusions I breed within.Funny , sometimes I think as if therez not going to be another day?!!!

Well, having had love all around , I entered my wed-lock with not much expectations, or may be quite critical of what more good the institution can bring forth? For me it was a social obligation.Nothing more.

Itz 2 years since that happened and now I look back and realize how much meaning the other person has brought into my so called "social obligation".And any credit to me on that front would be unfair.

All along , I thought marital Love is about smiles, hugs, roses, endearing words, long drives, candle-lit dinner, big dreams , professing, passion, romance , cuddling together for a movie, ...and I realise I m light years from reality.Those are reminiscent thoughts from an over-enthused teenager.

He taught me what love is:

Love is when in the first week of marriage I say , "May be I should have waited...", and he says," Take your time to think.I ll wait".

Love is when I fall sick and he tries to help and I scream "Leave me alone " ...he simply stands away, hiding his concern, trying to ease me back to sanity.

Love is when he says, " I m there for you", after a series of nerve-wrecks I ve put him through.

Love is about his wanting to see happiness in my face , no matter where /who the source is.

Love is about the many reminders he gives , despite my irrational and rude resistance , knowing I would need them.

Love is about listening to my incessant monologues , mostly consisting of bickerings, whimpers, fears, complaints , with frequent smudges of tears...all this thru the late hours , with all the loads of work to deal with the next day.

Love is about his telling, "I m feeling hungry..I gotto go", to let me get some sleep , when I was all about a drunken conversation...

Love is when he asks," Do you love me?" and I say,"Konjam".And he says "Thatz ok for now.We will make it 'more' someday".

Love is his patience when I go head-over-heels for a friend or my folk and absolute indifference when it is him.

Love is about his forgiving my bluntness in the name of frankness.

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."
-1 Corinthians 13:4

I v e learnt Love better with life...thanks to the decision I took 2 years ago...without a thought.

Habits die hard...nevertheless I ve decided to try..to break away from my oddities, mistakes,mixed-up thinking, irrational spurts of over-reactions...do a formatting of my disk.Its high-time I pitched in...after all , marriage is not a "social obligation" ;-)

Again, this might irk you ...but this is what I thought: "In a strange sense , my being a brat got me to this episode...which I would like to call , 'awakening '."
Me and my dirty, self-indulgent ego...how hard I try to justify?!!!

Writing all this with the earnest hope that he would not come here...unless I pestered him to...

And Madhu , if you are here ...dont ever tell me that!!! And, Thank you for loving me the way you love me...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah gurl. wonderful post. u got me in tears.

You dont comment ob mah blog ?

reetuashwin said...

I dont want to put any comments on this, Except, i blinked at the content, but, I am happy for you... :)

All along , I thought marital Love is about smiles, hugs, roses, endearing words, long drives, candle-lit dinner, big dreams , professing, passion, romance , cuddling together for a movie, ...and I realise I m light years from reality.Those are reminiscent thoughts from an over-enthused teenager.

-> I think everyone realises this..
But dont we see the reality priorily itself.,from our parents & society daily-chores & howz it is different from when-potrayed ?

& the things are like as a Jam to a Bread..

I mean , it won't be a total - blow , wont it be?

Anonymous said...

orey varthaile la sollanum na
madhan rmbo kashta patrukaar!
adhaan engalukku theriyume :)
JK
advance wedding anniversary wishes!!

Anonymous said...

Rishaaaaaa -
I have always been fascinated by the word-play in your blogs. But this time I am really moved by the feelings that emote from your words in this spectacular one. I know thalaivar is a very special person! But this blog makes me take him to himalayan heights (knowing YOU much).

May Almighty shower you both with happiness and (more)love! Happy Anniversary!

Saran
(Butterflew)

reetuashwin said...

Happy Anniversary Ramya.... ppl here (Karthi) told me... ...

:))

I am back from Minnesota.. had a nice time... actually I saw
too-many well-Known ppl there...
It was a Suprise...

Risha said...

@Ashu
Thanks Ashu...oh you idnt know about my self-indulgent ego ? JK on that...sure I ll drop by...

@Reetu
You know Reetu ...knowing is one thing ...and believing is another...

Thank you for your wishes :-)

@PK
Uli pattal thaaan silai uyirkum ...
yaellam part of the induction program :-p

@Saran
Thank you for your wishes...aaana knowing YOU konjam over...naaan yaenna avlO intolerable aaa?

Risha said...

@Fozy
And I understood :-)

Sameera Ansari said...

That was "love"ly :)